Topic

Pattern for large 2008 Golite Jam2 or similar? Pretty please?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pattern for large 2008 Golite Jam2 or similar? Pretty please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ross P Hemphill

@rbimli

Locale: PNW

It's been just over a year since I posted looking for a L '08 Jam2 to buy. My medium is on its way out, and at this point the likelihood of me finding a large 2008 to buy is slim.

SO, would anyone be able to trade me a pattern to make my own? I could provide a pattern for a medium. (Or a women's, or the Pinnacle.) Pretty please? Thanks for any assistance, it's much appreciated.

Tohru Ohnuki

@erdferkel

Locale: S. California

If you already have a medium and are willing to cut it up, you could use it as a pattern and just add 2-3" in the body of the main bag to make it a large? Thru-hiker.com has a dyneema ripstop that looks similar to the jam2 material…

John Canfield

@jcanfield

Locale: Cascadia

If you send it to me, I'll pattern a bigger version of it (for a trade, of course).

Tohru Ohnuki

@erdferkel

Locale: S. California

Well, I still need mine… You also could get the GVP-4 pattern from gossamer gear and modify it to make it simpler and more like a jam.

Ross P Hemphill

@rbimli

Locale: PNW

Hello all,

Sorry for going MIA on my own thread!

Indeed, I could just add some length to a pattern made from my medium. However, I figure there might be other differences between the medium and large, and I'd be interested to see what those were.

What is the relation between the GVP pack(s) and the Jam2, again?

As far as material, I'm not particularly concerned about matching that, per se. (In fact, I'd probably be making a more durable version.)

John (fellow Cascadian!): thanks for the offer, but I'm going to DIM if I do that.

Thanks for the ideas.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools