Topic

DIY water bladder, were to get caps?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear DIY water bladder, were to get caps?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

Locale: South Bay

Was wanting to make my own water blader with baffles, to make it flatter and wider, but I can't find were I would get the hose adapters or caps like on the platypus.

Anyone no were I could buy them? I assume they would be able to be heat sealed to some heat sealable nylon?

Anyone else ever make there own bladder? I could only find one other thread, and he canabalized another bladder for his cap.

Also, if anyone knows were I could get clear heat sealable plastic, that would be appreciated. So far I've been able to find heat sealable nylon, but would like something that is see through. Of course, the lighter the better

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

I know of a place where you can get the barbed flanges and the "pouch spouts." The problem is that they only do business to business sales. They even do custom orders and can make them in any capacity, configuration or size. They also have minimum orders of $100.00. If you are interested, and there are others that are interested too, I can see what it would take to make some custom water bags. Let me know.

Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

That's cool, thanks for the offer. Not sure I need $100 worth though. Perhaps if I ever start up my little company I have in mind and produce these in mass… But for now I just need one or two to make some prototypes.

I'd hate to buy a brand new platypus bag, just to tear it apart.
    I know, anyone got hydration bladders on there last leg that you are planning to throw away?

obx hiker
    BPL Member

@obxer

Maybe: US Plastics http://www.usplastic.com/

Paul Gibson

@pgibson

Locale: SW Idaho

http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1191146

We bought up the last of Cascades supply from their parts department last year. Only a couple hundred of them left :)

Nick Larsen

@stingray4540

Thanks, but I'm looking for the OTHER side. The male side that you attach to the actual bladder. I'm trying to make my own bladder…

I wonder if your end would fit on something like this though:
    http://www.kiteboarding.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FMKscrewvalve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools