Topic

Mountain House

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I learned today that we won't be able to buy Mountain House products once the stores' current stock is sold out. Not for awhile, anyway. Apparently everything MH is able to produce, as well as their current stock, is being shipped to Japan to help in the response effort. The usual suppliers of MH such as TheEpicenter.com are also out of stock. At REI today, I was also informed that they were having trouble ordering things like water containers, purification tablets, filtration and purification devices, and the like. So if you have an urgent need for MH for the near future, you might want to stock up right away, before your local source store sells out.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

MH is a staple for me, and I actually like the stuff. Maybe this would be a good time to experiment with other options.

Joel Warner

@joelak

I can confirm, as I work at Sportsman's Warehouse. We have already sold out of the cans, and only received limited quantities even for our store's opening 3 weeks ago.

Joel Warner

@joelak

I can confirm, as I work at Sportsman's Warehouse. We have already sold out of the cans, and only received limited quantities even for our store's opening 3 weeks ago.

Joel Warner

@joelak

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I know it will be inconvenient for many but Japan needs all the help it can get right now.

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

I will first state that I'm sponsored by AlpineAire Foods, but regardless want to throw the name out there if you haven't tried it before. They also have #10 cans in stock. Great tasting, lower in sodium.

Dug

Dawn Mays

@srors

dawnmays.shelfreliance.com

More basics, less entrees, but great prices.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I have to second shelf reliance. I have really enjoyed getting the ingredients so to speak and creating my own freeze dried meals.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools