Topic

Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag at “The Clymb”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag at “The Clymb”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

The Clymb is offering Kelty gear now until sometime Monday morning, including the recently reviewed Kelty Cosmic Down 20 Sleeping Bag, size regular and long … $49.98.

Jesse Toedtman
    BPL Member

@jessetoedtman

Locale: Upstate NY

Would anyone be kind enough to help in getting me a membership there? My email address is [email protected]

I tried to register, but it said I have to have been invited by someone-

Chris Martin

@wombatz

Check your mail :o)~

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Decent price on the Lightyear 20 degree down bag as well . . .

If anyone needs one here's an invite : http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/ToddDea

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

if someone needs an invite, my link is http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tedehrlich80227

Manuel Espejo
    BPL Member

@manuel-espejo

Locale: La Cuchilla de los Santa.

i can't buy at the climb, Colombian credit card. someone can make me the favor, i can transfer the money via paypal. thanks

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

it's sold out…

Brett Iverson

@biverson

I was extremely surprised to find this bag at my local TJ Maxx for $50; had to snatch it at that price. I know all TJ maxx's have different supplies, but maybe check around if you're in need.

Tayler Shaeffer
    Spectator

@tshaeffer

Locale: The Great N.W.

Thanks alot Ted. Really appreciate it!

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

no problem

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

Based on this thread, I went looking for the Kelty Cosmic Down at TJ Maxx. they didn't have it, but they had a Kelty Light Trekker for $50. Everything about it is identical to the Cosmic Down 20 (Color, size, style, weight, fill, temp rating, etc.), it just has a different name embroidered on it.

So it looks like I'm going to be taking a second shot at down bags.

Thanks for the TJ Maxx tip!

Mark Rash
    Spectator

@markrvp

Locale: North Texas

Still looking.

John Rodo

@tongopacker

I checked several TJ Maxx by me (detroit) but no dice.

Any chance one of you folks who have seen the light trekker in stores for $50 would ship one to me if I paid for the tax and shipping? Or I would also be happy to buy any extra cosmic down 20s that people have have gotten from the clymb for a similar price. I'm looking all over for a bargain 3 season bag. I would be extremely grateful.

John

Ken K

@thefatboy

I'm actually bedding down in my new bag now. So far I like it.

They did have a second one at my local store. I will check if it's still there when I get back into town tomorrow.

Ken

Zachary Zrull

@zackcentury

Locale: Great Lakes

I've been to TJ Maxx from Livonia to Ann Arbor, and never seen a sleeping bag for sale there. Perhaps they go quickly, if they ever do come in stock. So, don't bother venturing any further west of Detroit to find it. I've found some nice Columbia and Darn Tough Vermont gear though.

Here's the best price I've seen for the Cosmic 20 (where it's actually in stock!)
    VMInnovations

John Rodo

@tongopacker

Ken,

Thanks for checking on that for me, I appreciate it. One other thing I meant to ask was if this bag would be OK for a 6 foot tall person (I am 6 foot and 1/2 inch) – it says it's ok in the specs, but we all know how that goes.

Zachary,

Thanks for the info – one could certainly spend enough on gas to buy a sleeping bag by searching around metro detroit.

Paul Ensley
    Spectator

@palooka

Locale: Indiana

John,

I am exactly 6 feet tall (190lbs), and I fit in a regular sized Cosmic Down 20 quite comfortably. I would imagine you would be just fine at 6 foot and 1/2 inch.

I got mine at http://www.sunnysports.com. It's on sale right now for $78 with free shipping.

No affiliation, just a good deal.

Brett Iverson

@biverson

haha, no problem for the tip. I actually didn't even notice this wasn't the cosmic until I saw this! How perceptive I am. I noticed the compression sack said "Light Trekker," but was like, eh, must just be a different sack; but like you said, they are the same bag with different names.

Ken K

@thefatboy

John,

I got back from my Scout campout and headed to T.J. Maxx. They sill had the second one in stock. It's now sitting here next to my computer waiting for it's new home. As for fit… I am 5'10" and 240lbs (40" waist, 55" shoulders). I fit comfortably with room to pull an arm up over my head. I think you'll be just fine, but just in case, I paid cash, so you shouldn't have any problem returning it (within 30 days of today) to your local TJ Maxx. $53.91 with tax, plus shipping from 62269 (52 ounces on my scale, 8"x8"x15"). PM me for shipping/payment details.

Everyone else,
    The manager said each store only got a couple of these bags (this store got exactly two, and I've bought them both). In my store they were stocked on the "mens gifts" shelf, behind a home massager and some phone chargers. If you want one, you need to ask! It's not a regularly stocked item, so it may be stocked anywhere (at the whim of the stocker).

Ken

John Rodo

@tongopacker

Hi Ken,

It says that I can't PM you, so e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll reply with my information and such.

By the way, Thank you!

Ken K

@thefatboy

John,

I tried e-mailing you, but it bounced back as undeliverable. Please drop me an e-mail.

kenkreidell at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,
    Ken

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools