Topic

WTB Jet T-Glide 20×20 sternum sliders

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear WTB Jet T-Glide 20×20 sternum sliders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

WTB some of the non latching side ITW Nexus JSR T-Glide Removable Sternum Strap
    sliders in the 20 x 20 mm size.

Does anyone have some of the ITW Nexus removeable sternum sliders that they would like to sell.

I believe that the part number is Jet T-Glide 20×20 Removable 647-2020 but I am not 100% sure.

For clarification please follow this active link to the ITW Nexus webpage.

I am looking for the item in the upper left of the picture of their product on their webpage that the above link takes you to. I need the 20 x 20 mm size or for us English Standard types 3/4" x 3/4" size. :-)

I could use a quantity of three but for my current project I only really need one.

Thanks

Party On,

Newton

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Bump for WTB the sliders.

Party On,

Newton

Mat Tallman

@wehtam

Locale: Midwest

Maybe give Ron at MLD a shout, their sternum strap uses very similar hardware from what I can tell…

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Thanks Mat,

Yes I know about Ron's Most Awesome Sternum Strap I.T.W. and I do appreciate the info.

But,

"We had to wait for months and months while they built our order of the Most Awesome Sternum Strap In The World…"

"…the big brown truck guy delivered all the little guys in two 50lbs boxes."

Based on the above info from Ron's site I believe that they had them made and do not stock parts.

I ordered some items from ITW Nexus back when they were letting us order samples. I got the latching portion of the sliders but due to my mistake I failed to include the other side in the order. Also it seems that that these items have been "updated" and are either not being made anymore or are just hard to come by. I have done multiple internet searches.

I'm basically a MYOG guy and if it has to be I will order one of his sternum straps.

Thanks again

Party On,

Newton

Edited to add that I just emailed Ron at MLD to see if he stocks the parts.;-)

Update: From Ron at MLD, "So sorry, but we never sell Diy parts."

So I'm still looking. Thanks anyway Ron for the quick response.

Party On,

Newton

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

John,
    Since ITW Nexus quit giving out samples it really put a damper getting a hold of the cool hardware. We are stuck with National Molding stealth or older version of buckles.In less you want to purchase a $100.00 of hardware from John Howard company or other distributor. I use for a light weight sternum strap system I use a on each side of the straps a 3/4" triglides and stealth buckle for the center buckle.

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

John,
    You can call Hitex.com. They stock ITW Nexus buckles and most likely send you samples.
    Fred

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Steven,

I went to the Hitex web site and they refer you back to ITW Nexus to obtain samples. :-(

It also seems that ITW Nexus isn't offering samples at this time.

Thanks anyhow.

Party On,

Newton

Steven Maxfield
    BPL Member

@fredmax56

Locale: New England

John,
    I was looking for Tri glides like GG uses on their packs. I called and talked to customer service and they sent 5 or 6 samples of the buckles. It cannot hurt.
    Fred

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Frederick,

I appreciate the input about GG. I have some of those same style tri-glides that I ordered from Quest Outfitters.

I was hoping to use the ITW Nexus latch and sliders so that I could avoid using two tri-glides and a two piece latch in the center. With the ITW Nexus components the latch is built into one of the sliders and all that is left is the slider on the other side. Two pieces of hardware instead of three.

To achieve this I may just have to go ahead and buy Ron's Most Awesome Sternum Strap ITW.;-)

Thanks again

Party On,

Newton

Update

I ordered two of Ron Bell's Most Awesome Sternum Straps ITW. ;-)

Thanks for all of the input and suggestions.

Newton

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools