Topic

My finished pint-sized quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear My finished pint-sized quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Ribbing
    BPL Member

@becca-r

Locale: Alexandria, VA

Well, one quilt down one or two more to go. I'm really happy with how the toddler one came out. I used Tim's design basically (Thanks for the help Tim!), except that instead of a footbox zipper, I used omni-tape along the whole length. The thinking is that when said toddler decides to crawl into bed with me, I can velcro both of our bags together easily so I don't get cold. Another benefit is that I can fold over the top on his quilt, so that the excess stays out of his face so he stays in the footbox. That's the theory at least, but so far it seems to be working well, as he's cuddling with it watching TV.

Now, onto the adult ones! I'm trying to decide between a double or two singles. I'm leaning towards a double with a ray-way type draft blocker. I'm also thinking about adding some insulation in the middle of the top draft blocker to keep the cold air out when we move around. Has anyone done something similar? I've got a car-camping double sleeping bag, and I love it except for the draft in the middle.

Quilt toddler sized!
    Draw-string closure w/ velcro

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Nice looking quilt!

A two person bag can be about 1.5 times bigger than a single, so you save some weight by doing a double rather than two zip together singles.

I don't know about your question about draft collar

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Joyfulmama,

Good looking quilt, and great looking kid! :)

My oldest & youngest like sleeping outdoors. Still working on the middle one!

Get 'em outdoors all you can.

Todd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools