Topic

3year Round-the-world bike tour

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring 3year Round-the-world bike tour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Martin Schroeder

@mephistopheles

Hey guys,

Short summary of what we want to do: min. 3 years, 40+ countries, 2 bikes… Start is Rio, followed by the panamericana, then off to asia and back to eruope with the transsibirian railway.

Our website is finally online, you can have a look at http://www.cyclenomads.com

I had a lot of help from these forums here, so thanks to everyone for suggestions on the gear. We will start in 2 weeks and can barely wait.

If anyone wants to leave some feedback, questions or even more suggestions on the gear, you are welcome to do so :)

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a wild trip, although you will be missing much of the action in N. Africa and the Middle East.

Tim Heckel
    Spectator

@thinair

Locale: 6237' - Manitou Springs

Wishing you the best!
    This reminds me of a talk I went to with Lloyd Sumner, author of "The Long RIde", in the 70s.
    Read it if you have the time.

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn

Sounds Awesome! All the best to you!

Can we hear about gear? Not taking too many planes? Impressive.

Have a great trip!

Martin Schroeder

@mephistopheles

Sure we can talk ;)

The gearlist on our website is not finished, not everything is on there and the weights are all dodgy. But it will be in pristine condition before we leave, at least i hope so ;)

We will only have 2 flights, one from Germany to Southamerica, to Rio. The second one should be either L.A. or Ancorage to China/Japan/Korea. Otherwise no flights. We want to do the amazon on a boat, the caribbean with boats/ferry/freighters (hope that works, might be a bid difficult) and south-east-asia with boats again. Phillipines, Indonesia, Borneo. Some I now for sure, but we might have to take 1-2 short flights. One notable exception would be Birma/Myanmar. If we decide to go there we can only fly in, because the borderareas are closed for travellers…

If you have questions about the gear, just ask. Or wait 10 days. I'll write some blogentrys about gear before we leave and as I said, i'll update the gearlist in the website. http://www.cyclenomads.com or http://www.facebook.com/CycleNomads

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools