Topic

Anyone ever done a DIY pair of down booties?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Anyone ever done a DIY pair of down booties?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mat Tallman

@wehtam

Locale: Midwest

So, I have a fair amount of Momentum 90 and down left over from my quilt project, and have been pondering how to use it. I like how my quilt turned out so well I'd love to be able to use it down to around freezing if possible (sewn-thru), with the help of my MB UL inner and whatever else is necessary. I figured a pair of down booties would be very helpful in this aim, especially since it seems no matter how warm my body is, my feet seem cold.

Has anyone ever made a pair of these, or have any patterns, hints, etc?

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

goosefeet are made by a member on here, he may be able to answer questions

paul ron

@camper10469

Locale: North East

I saaw a lady once use the sleeves of her old down jacket as down booties to sleep in. She sewed the sleeves at teh length she wanted, then cut em off and finsished the seams nicely.

Whala, down booties!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools