Topic

Steve and Barry’s Down Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Steve and Barry’s Down Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Curtis Ware
    BPL Member

@ware_curtis

Locale: Midwest

Anybody seen the Steve and Barry’s University Store. They have a down jacket for 10 dollars. Since the nearest store is couple hours away, I was wondering if anyone knows how much the jacket weighs?

Marion Watts
    BPL Member

@mdwattsjr

There is a Steve and Barry’s in town here. Don’t know the weight, but they specialize in bottom dollar clothing. Six dollar sweatshirts, nine dollar jeans, etc. I would assume that the down used is the cheaper (heavier)variety. Same with the shell materials. If your still intersted, I don’t mind give them the ol’ eyeball scale next time I’m on that side of town.

Curtis Ware
    BPL Member

@ware_curtis

If you don’t mind. I got one of their polarguard jackets and have been using it on backpack and Scout campouts for last couple of years. It was cheap (price and quality) but extremely light weight and compressable. Best $6.99 spent

Marion Watts
    BPL Member

@mdwattsjr

Intersting. I’ll try my best to get out there this weekend. I’d look pretty funny carrying my scale in. Got any ideas? Maybe carry something (full Coke can?) to compare it to?

Curtis Ware
    BPL Member

@ware_curtis

Coke would be good comparison. Thanks

Marion Watts
    BPL Member

@mdwattsjr

Curtis,

Just an eyeball guess, looks like 12-15oz. Hope this helps. P.S. Looks decently made. Should hold up for a while.

Regards,

MD

David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Probaby a great value for the price at $9.98 — BUT be sure to check the fill content.

The “Double Down” jacket I checked out today at Steve & Barry’s had a fill content of 50% Ball Polyfill, 40% Feathers and 10% Down. I did not specify goose or duck feathers/down so its probably duck. Probably not a particularly warm jacket for the weight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools