Topic

Honey Stinger 20g Protein Bars

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Honey Stinger 20g Protein Bars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

$0.83 each at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/744310

Can use dividend, and free ship to store of course.

Sooooo tasty. Tried them for the first time a few weeks ago, just ordered a lot more :)

350 calories each. SAC has them everyone once in a while, but a 12 pack there is $17 plus shipping.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

nice ill try 10 for that price. do these expire soon or something?

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

No idea, I should have thought of that. Haha, I'll find out soon enough. I guess if you're concerned you can try to ask someone over chat.

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Oooh good deal. I, for one, don't mind slightly expired energy bars. I once ate an entire box of clif bars that were 5 years past expiration. Taste and texture was exactly the same as if new. Not that I'm saying that was a good idea.

I wonder if the amount of honey in the stinger bars helps prolong the shelf life…

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

I just ran over & bought 70 bars for my thru-hike. :)

1/2 chocolate, 1/2 peanut butter…free shipping to the REI across the street from my work…plus take some off with my dividend…equals WAY cheaper than the cheapest Clif Bar at .99 centavos!

Stoked. Double stoked. That just bought a hotel room for myself somewhere along the trail! :)

As for the honey…I'm sure it has to help, especially with pliability…I use a lot of honey in my homemade beef/turkey jerky to keep it from turning to total leather & preserve it….so maybe?

Dug
    http://thf2.wordpress.com

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I just picked up 30 bars for myself. I went with a mix of chocolate and PB. At 2.3 ounce for those calories……great deal. THANKS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools