Topic

Ultralight Mosquito Headnet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Ultralight Mosquito Headnet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Casperite

@tcasperite

Does anyone know what fabric the Backpacking Light Ultralight Mosquito Headnet us made out of. I am tired of the item being out of stock and was looking to make something functional for myself….

If not, does anyone have any fabric ideas or sources lighter than the typical NO SEEUM.

Thanks,

Tom

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

There's always owfinc.com or questoutfitters.com

and thru-hiker.com which is normally way more expensive but they have fairly cheap netting

I mostly avoid insect periods/areas but I have a 4 foot square circle that I can put over hat and head, or over my face area if I'm in my sleeping bag

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Thats what i used.

I made 2 from left over from a myog inner for my paratipi.

I did it like a stuff bag except when laid flat it isnt rectangular.

My wife and i used them for the ACT in Greenland, with a visor buff under it.

( btw lesson learned : Greenland mosquitoes are able to suck your blood through nanoseeum and a buff if you are bald :p )

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

it's tulle, or toile, i have no idea how to spell it.
    trek thee to the fabric store and they will direct you to the annoying mesh.
    ya'll gonn'a be sewing it ?
    yeah ?
    really ?
    can i watch ?

Tip #1 –
    on your way home .. buy some wine.

so of course, it can be done. but that's the trick, there's no great secret, it's just a monstrous bother.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

You can also get it from Joe at ZPacks without paying the higher Thru-Hiker shipping.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools