Topic

Urethane helmet lining foam

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Urethane helmet lining foam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    robert perks

@rperks

I have a project where I need to modify the helmet foam to get a better fit on an odd shaped head. I have looked on the web for fit kits and such, but none will meet my needs very well. I was hoping that someone here might have a good idea where to find the urethan foam with laminated wicking / antimicrobial fabric like you see in batting helmets and for that matter the whole aisle of helmets at the sporting good store. I would likely need less than a square yard depending on the thickness.

I k now it is probably a mediocre idea at best to fiddle with a helmet design, but I need to bulk up the sides to keep the helmet from fitting floppy from side to side.

Carl Holt

@sundown

Your best bet may be helmet fit kits for things like skateboard and bike helmets. I have kept such extra pieces over the years to fine tune helmets of all kinds. Worst case you could find a thick mouse pad and cut strips from it if necessary.

It all depends if you are looking to fine tune .125 or something like .75 inch…..

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools