Topic

Source for Primaloft Eco???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source for Primaloft Eco???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eddie Rivera
    BPL Member

@eddieruko

Anyone have luck finding a supplier for Primaloft Eco? I've got a number of requests to make quilts and vests using recycled fabrics. I've got to believe there are fellow Earth-lovin MYOG doers that have had some success finding a supplier.

I exchanged a number of emails with Albany Int'l but they won't sell directly to me. Unfortunately, I don't qualify as a "company" with a "brand" to receive even a sample of the stuff. The rep I spoke with suggested contact Rockywoods and Seattle fabrics… but neither carry it.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

You might try Outdoor wilderness fabric they had climasheild green last year. Or get a small business license and company name order direct . Or explain to your customers you are getting a heavier insulating product that breaks down faster with less clo value so you will be colder in green insulation verse a virgin insulation. Not being warm in the wilderness is nothing you want to mess with.

Eddie Rivera
    BPL Member

@eddieruko

Thanks Terry… Just got off the phone with OWF and they were the first company I've seen to even try to carry any Eco insulation. Unfortunately what's left of their stock isn't enough for a summer couples-bag. The folks I'm planning on making this for certainly aren't weight weenies and were lookin for something practical, most likely for car-camping during the hot Texas summer.

I'm starting to thinnk that if I had enough insulation left over from my own projects, I probably could have gotten away with calling it "recycled"…

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Eddie,
    I still think getting a small business license is the easiest way to go. Because being a bedding manufacture you suppose to use virgin materials in manufacture. But call your company a clothing company so you don't have to jump throughthe legal hoops of being a bedding manufactuer and having to put the "DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW" Tags on your quilts.

Golite, Patagonia have recycling programs for used equipment but they send it the factory to have it melted down and then made in to eco insulation or fabric.

Their is company called two jupiters looks like a cottage industry they may sell you primaloft eco. They have some very expensive funky recycle jacket using primaloft eco.

http://www.twojupiters.com/catalog.php?act=view_prod&i=&l=&sid=&id_categ=5665

But if they must have Eco Friendly sewing sleeping bags for car camping I found Soy soft batting it combination of soy fibers,bamboo,and cotton. This fabric store also has hemp fabric and bamboo fabric. They can go the full the eco friendly made bag for camping.
    We use to sleep in coleman sleeping bags for camping made out of cotton batting and cotton cloth back in the 60's and 70's.

http://www.fabric.com/eco-friendly-organic-boutique.aspx?Source=LeftNav
    Have fun,
    Terry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools