Topic

Privacy settings

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Arnold

@christopheractual

Locale: Oregon, USA

I didn't realize my full name was going to show up on your board. I was under the impression that your login name would be the only one to show up. Is there anyway I can get my last name to NOT show up in threads?

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

Chris,

Check this previous thread: particularly Addie's post near the bottom.

-Lance

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Thanks for posting the link, Lance.

Chris, here is our official response to this request:

Regarding your request to change your name on the Backpacking Light forums it is noted that in accordance to our Terms & Conditions policies (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/policies.html) by signing up for our forums you agreed to the following statement:

"If you choose to participate in our community forums, your first and last names will be associated with your post. We discourage anonymity and encourage integrity in your communications so that your identity fairly reflects your reputation for appropriate communications. "

It is possible for you as a user to visit the account section of the Web site and change your name to something else, perhaps your first and last initials but as we discourage anonymity we cannot do this for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools