Topic

TrailLite Designs – Bandoleer Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TrailLite Designs – Bandoleer Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    a b

@ice-axe

I have sent a PM. I really find the idea interesting. Particularly after seeing the strap arrangement in the pictures on page 2. I would really like to try this pack out. Hey, it's black Cuben Fiber.. it will probably scare the cr@p out of the "heavy truckers"!
    I'll rock that pack all the way from Georgia to Maine for Ya on the AT. I am serious.. I leave for the approach trail next monday.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Love the design and aesthetics, looks very slick.

Thom, I'll send a CV along shortly.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Hi Thom,
    Beautiful job!

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

BP-2

I have received multiple quality responses to my test/review offer. I plan to pick the BPL member(s) based on the responses already received, thanks for your interest.

Tester(s) selected ( a diverse and qualified group for sure):
    1) Ben W.
    2) Jamie S.
    3) Dave C.
    4) I may add one more if I can accommodate his scheduled AT thru hike.

Thom
    TrailLite Designs

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

If Darth Vadar hiked SUL, he'd carry that pack.

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

Both the bag – and the fact that Darth Vader would most definitely use this pack….Epic Win !

Oh – and Ice-Axe — I really hope you get one – mainly so I can get a possible look at it on the trail :-)

a b

@ice-axe

Thanks Whistler! It's all a matter of timing.
    Hey i did order up a Trail Lite Designs Cloud Cape in the same "Storm Black" Cuben fiber which will probably come after I leave. I will have it sent in my first "shoe drop" (mail drop). Which is Erwin Tennesee. I can't resist Cuben fiber.. I wonder if they sell a pill for this ailment?
    As for the Bandolier Pack it would be awesome to use a new and creative design.
    My pack base weight is just under 8 lbs to start the AT but could very easily slip under 7 with a bit more strategy.
    I like to take the words of the Dalai Lama for my philosophy in many things including gear strategy:
    "Keep up your practice.. But don't become attached to YOUR method. The change in conciousness comes slowly but when your practice begins to yield results you will see that all methods intend the same goal." (Paraphrased heavily)
    Anyhow I like "Darth Vader's" pack for it's bold design and volume that will suit my increasingly Ultra Light ways. Also the Mid Altantic section of the AT in particular just screams SUL to me.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Very cool design I was doing some mental gymnastics trying to figure out a Bandoleer type pack last year. I was wondering how many cubic inches is the main body of the pack?Most of the packs made like this like Max expedition tactical sling or the Arcteryex Quiver is very low volume in the main pack body. If the volume met my needs I would purchase one .
    Thank you very much,
    Terry

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

I had an old but heavy Jansport that was a sling-style, triangular and carried well in the center of my back. Does anyone make a lightweight version with a capacity of say, 2000cc?,

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools