Topic

New Topics vs. New Posts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support New Topics vs. New Posts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Login is required (the user account is free) in order to perform the following functions:

1. Create a New Threads.
    2. Post Replies to Existing Threads.

There is a difference between the two functions, please use the one that is most appropriate.

Some background: there are three levels of hierarchy here:

Forum Groups
    Forums
    Threads
    Posts are the individual messages.

A thread is a collection of posts on an individual topic.

A Forum is a collection of threads.

A Forum group is a collection of forums. Forum groups are the “headings” you see on the Forum Index page. The Forums are listed below the groups. If you click a link on a forum, you go to that forum’s index page, which shows all the THREADS in that forum. If you would like to start a new topic, be sure to click “CREATE A NEW THREAD” at the top of this page, rather than replying to a post in an existing thread.

If you are contributing to an existing discussion for which a thread exists, feel free to simply POST A REPLY to that thread.

David Lisak

@davelisak

Locale: Grand Canyon hiker

I’m posting this appeal because I’ve spent six weeks trying to get a reply from BPL to my emails and faxes. I ordered a spin poncho in November, it was backordered, my credit card was charged, and I can’t get any response to my queries about if/when the order will be filled. What am I supposed to do next?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

David: In Billings right now for Blake’s services but will research this when I get back. I searched the tech support archives and found your inquiries and all of them have been responded to. Do you have spam blocking software installed that is blocking the replies?

Will send you a personal email on my return and we’ll get this figured out.

Ryan

David Lisak

@davelisak

Locale: Grand Canyon hiker

Ryan:

Thank you. And please accept my condolences for your and the community’s loss.

David

Sandra Warner

@sam-1

Dear BPL,
    ON 3/22 I ordered 2 Nalgene narrow mouth watter bottles and you guys sent me the wide mouths. I emailed you guys twice for a RMA number so I could return these and no response yet. I’am afraid to reorder for narrow mouths, who knows what I will get? I would like to have better customer service!

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

i’m forgettin’ the exact time frame, but i ran into a similar problem around the same time.

the cause was merely logistic in nature & NOT an indication of a poor cust. srv. attitude.

the reason was BPL/BMW(?) moved into a new bldg & for reasons beyond their control, their DSL line was NOT ready at the proper time – meaning that they could NOT rcv., nor respond to any Cust. Srv. related issues.

once back up, they speedily replied & were very polite and apologetic.

i have made a dozen or so separate purchases fr/BPL (several since the DSL problem was resolved). all w/o any problems (except for the DSL problem which was beyond their control). the quality of their products and cust. srv. is only exceeded by their integrity.

in my experience, you should have no worries about doing business with them.

i have read, in other threads, some experiences similar to yours and mine. they too posted back that their problems were resolved. i’m sure yours will be resolved soon.

hope this post helps to alleviate any concerns you may still have.

hopefully, you contacted them via their cust. srv. email address.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools