Topic

Lightweight alpine rainjacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Lightweight alpine rainjacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter Leonard
    BPL Member

@peterleo

Hi all,
    I've lost my Patagonia Specter pullover rainjacket and I'm looking for a replacement jacket. It looks like Patagonia no longer makes them as I can find none online. Pity as I loved that jacket. The Specter was a great jacket – only 6.5oz and packed small with a good hood to fit over helmets. Review here http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/patagonia_specter_pullover_review.html

Anybody know where I can get one or get something similar ?
    Thanks
    Peter

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

integral designs event pullover
    north face triumph anorak
    arcteryx Alpha Sl pullover
    Rab demand pullover

to name a few pullovers

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

i use an or helium

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne
    Stephen R

@32729

I have the OR helium as well. Sizing is a bit small. My size large weighs 6.8 oz and has been totally waterproof. It's not all that helmet compatible. It can be done but the hood sits so tightly over the helmet it constricts movement and I have to zip the zipper down partially. Usually I end up grabbing one of my heavier, better fitting shells.

I don't think this jacket was really designed for alpine/mountaineering use given the tight fit and lack of helmet compatibility. Annoying, because otherwise it would be perfect. Great for backpacking though!

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

helium is slim cut … youll need to size up if you want to layer a lot underneath …

that said im a solid med and i can fit a R1 type fleece, mb exl, dead bird atom lt under it a med helium fine

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Just get the Integral Designs eVent pullover and be happy(er).

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

its not the lightest, but i have found that the REI kimtah jacket is under 16oz, very comfortable, and has kept me bone dry. i have found that alot of the lighter event jackets fit funny, and this jacket fits very well and allows layers underneath.

Sieto van der Heide

@sieto

Locale: The Netherlands

+1 on the Rab Demand eVent Pullover

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools