Topic

Nepal trekking and pass info

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Nepal trekking and pass info

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shawn Forry
    BPL Member

@porkpie73

Locale: High Sierra

Looking for any info people might have for a few high passes I am looking to do in the Everest and Langtang regions, specifically Amphu Labsta, Sherpani Col, West Col, Tashi Labsta and Tillman Pass.

Please email or PM me. Thanks

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn

On Amazon recently. I really want to hike the GHT in a few years, and plan on getting it for route planning.

See what you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Nepal-Trekking-Himalaya-Trailblazer-Guides/dp/1905864310/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1SXXODOIETSEG&colid=1AJD7Q94PI569

Sorry I didn't link it directly, I need practice with that.

Andy smith

@andy121

Nepal is a unique destination for trekking in Nepal, hiking in Nepal because of its unbeatable combination of natural beauty and cultural riches. And the most appropriate way to experience. It is walk through them. Nepal is a special and rewarding mountain holiday and tough or easy walking trip following well developed trails. With a trek around Nepal, you will directly experience our culture and way of life of different ethnic people, religion and festivals.

Thanks
    MVMTravel

j p

@johnnythunder

shawn,

i've been reading up pretty seriously re: trekking in nepal since i'll be leaving for a 3 month trip in a little over 60 days. i don't remember seeing any information about the passes you've listed in any of the three books i have at my disposal (though not at my immediate disposal since i'm not at home). these include:

the roughing it guide to nepal
    the lonely planet trekking himalaya (nepal) guide
    and something by the cicerone press (spelling?) devoted especially to the everest region

you'd do well to post questions like this in the lonely planet thorne tree forums. and again, most of the information there is going to skew more towards the traditional trekking routes.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

Not a direct answer, but I'd ready Justin Lichter's information about the GHT. I think there will be talk of some of those passes.

http://justinlichter.com/?page_id=858

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools