Topic

Summer 2011 Norway/Sweden

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Summer 2011 Norway/Sweden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Pyke

@alphamoth

Hi, first post.

Thinking of doing the kings trail in SWeden or somewhere in Norway. Anyone else planning something this summer?

Fel Lim

@felzzy

I wanted to do that, too. I will be in Sweden/Norway only in May and it seems like more technical ability is required? Abisko National Park also seems awesome.
    I am going down to Rikgransan instead. I might go to Narvik and afterwards, try to see the Norway coastline.
    Then to the south, where things might be more accessible.

Joshua Pyke

@alphamoth

Cool.

Too much snow in May for where i want to go though.
    Southern Norway should be cleared up by then though.

Fel Lim

@felzzy

Have you been to Knivskjellodden? The path is considered 'easy' by Norwegian Trekking assoc. but I am not sure how snow might affect.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

I'm trying to salvage a trip to Sweden which will (hopefully) happen late June. As of now I'm not sure whether we're going or not due to a work conflict.

If the trip happens I'll be staying with some family in Stockholm most of the time then traveling southwest to Coppenhagen as July approaches. I'll be passing through Gothenburg, Lund and Malmo. I would love to get out and hike for a day or two if possible.

If you end up in Sweden, put me down as interested, pending a lot of variables.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

Jacob if you end up in the south of sweden take a look at Skåneleden

I have several trip reports here

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Great! Thank you Roger. It looks like I have some reading to do…

Peter Gurin

@intheswim

I'm looking to do a trip later in the summer somewhere in Europe. What is your email address?

Joshua Pyke

@alphamoth

my email address is pyke.joshua at gmail.com

Joshua Pyke

@alphamoth

A friend is now joining me.

We will go at the start of July and spend around 10 days there. We will climb the 2 biggest mountains in Norway also.

We are doing the area in Jotunheimen. Anyone else interested?

David McBride

@vintagegent

Locale: Galveston TX

Best of luck with your trip, Joshua. My son and I are doing the Kungsleden (from Abisko to Kvikkjokk) this summer, from June 25th through July 4th.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

I envy you guys. My summer plans have fallen by the wayside thanks to some work related political nonsense with the union here. Sigh.

I hope to see some photos when you return!

Cheers!
    Jacob.

Joshua Pyke

@alphamoth

if my boss says i can't go i'll just quit my job!! that's the best thing about being 20 and having a crappy job. Quitting it won't hurt.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Yep, been there done that. Those were the glory days. The stuff of legend.

Now I'm a decrepit middle-aged hipster with a mortgage and a family :) We'll get to Sweden next year…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools