Topic

www.eddiebauer.com 30% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals www.eddiebauer.com 30% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alexander Sergheev
    Spectator

@wayfarer

30% OFF

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

tough not to pull the trigger on that sirroco hooded windshirt :o

I ALREADY HAVE 2 WINDSHIRTS AND DON'T NEED ANOTHER!!!!!! willpower weak. resistance at an alltime low…

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

I think I'm going to grab one of those windshirts. I have never used one so this seems like a good chance to try it out and see how I like them. I mean for $35 bucks why not?

b s
    BPL Member

@smyth

My local store was clearing out their Polartec grid midweight baselayers (pants, crews, and 1/4 zip) for $10 plus 30% off. Pretty nice stuff for $7 a piece.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

if i go to bed tonight without ordering this it'll be a miracle…

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

So I went to my local Eddie Bauer with the intent of buying the Sirocco Windshell. Unfortunately they were out but the store employees were very helpful by calling around to see if any other stores had them in. No luck finding any in stock. I thought I would just have to order online and then pay for shipping and handling but the people at the store said that they could order one in for me AND ship it to me for free. Talk about customer service. I just wanted to share this experience because I am amazed at the quality of their customer service and I will be buying from them again. Now I just have to wait for it to get here to try it out

James McDaniel
    Spectator

@bigearth

I did the same and they told me that the stores simply don't carry the Sirocco. You can only get it online.

Probably because the typical mall shoppers wouldn't touch it and it's not worth the floor space.

I'm going to order it too. Hopefully it doesn't vent like a trashbag like most of their hardshells. In there defense, the 365 series which is what I wear in daily life has pitzips but the FA doesn't. Weird.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i saw an interview with pete whitaker (one of the lead design guys for FA) and he said he basically didn't believe in pitzips. he said they were a waste of time and weight. i would be lead to believe that's why they don't

edited to include link:
    http://blog.firstascent.com/2009/11/11/gear-up-whittaker-shares-top-tips-with-backpacker/

Craig Kowalski

@killerkowalski

Not sure if I like the shipping, taxes (understandable), and then a $4 handeling fee making the Sirocco $47 and some change even after the discount. I love mine and need a replacement, but the 30% is not a huge savings to pull the trigger at that price. Oh well.

Thank you for sharing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools