Topic

Waiting for a Gear Deal….

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Waiting for a Gear Deal….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I keep waiting for the Thermarest NeoAir Large to go on sale somewhere, but I've yet to see any decent sales. Am I looking in the wrong places? Or should I just wait a few more months until the new ones come out?

Neil McGee
    Spectator

@thegreatclod

Locale: Northeast, East Asia

…is to keep your eye on the Gear Swap forum (or on Whiteblaze.net) for folks looking to unload their new or hardly used NeoAir at a good price. I picked one up for less than $120 this way. Not a huge discount, but it wasn't retail – the lowest retail price I have seen for a Regular is $150.

Who knows, but if you can wait, you're bound to find a good deal when the new models come out. That could be as late as July, I hear. Best of luck to you!

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

In the very least, REI's 20% off should be coming up in early to mid-March.

Bryan Crook

@bcrook007

Locale: Nebraska

Hey Curtis, I've got a NeoAir Large that I've been thinking about unloading but I wanted to wait until I had more info (user reports) on the NeoAir All-Season. My large only has about 5 nights of use but I discovered I need more R value when I camp in the fall.

Who knows, you might see a bunch offered on gear swap after the all-season version comes out.

Also, I may be dreaming but I think I remember some comments about an upcoming BPL State of the Market report on sleeping pads. Not sure when that's coming but hopefully soon.

Craig Kowalski

@killerkowalski

Is $119 good for a brand new Neo Air R?!?!

If it is, yes you are looking in the wrong place. Send me a PM.

Any size is available.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

You missed the Campsaver.com sale after Thanksgiving. That was the cheapest I've ever seen the Large.

Here's the best option I can come up with right now. OregonMountainCommunity has the Large 20% off. Go find the link to it. Then call Moosejaw.com. Moosejaw will match it and give you 10% of the sale price in moosejaw points, plus 1000 moosejaw points ( = $10) for finding it somewhere cheaper.

With all the discounts you will essentially be paying 132.50 plus getting 2132 moosejaw points. If you count the points as money, you will have only payed $111.18 for the pad and get free shipping.

Hope I mathed right.

Good luck.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

i was buying a prolite and searching around for the best discount, i noticed many stores do not apply discount/coupon codes to thermarest/cascade designs, like western mountaineering. rockcreek.com is 15% off everything i believe, code ' WELCOME443 ' add to it the extrabux, fatwallet, or mr rebates 4-5% rebate.

if you dont need it now you might be good waiting.

oh and basegear.com is 20% off for just joining mailing list, not sure if it applies to thermarest

also one on gear trade from backcountry, brand new just without tags
    http://www.geartrade.com/item/181224

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Basegear's discount does apply…that's how I bought my neoair regular.

Bryan Crook

@bcrook007

Locale: Nebraska

The one on geartrade is offered at a good price. I think you get 72 hours to inspect and confirm it is truly in the condition they offer it at.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

" Here's the best option I can come up with right now. OregonMountainCommunity has the Large 20% off. Go find the link to it. "

Anyone able to find this ?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Try spadout.com to find the cheapest price at any given moment. Within reason.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I saw the new trekkers at rei yesterday they were 139 for size large…heavier for sure but wont pop?

Stephen R

@32729

There are a couple used ones on sale at geartrade.com right now for around $115.

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

"Anyone able to find this ?"

My fault for not checking. They have had them 20% off since Christmas. I thought they still were.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools