Topic

My MYOG packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear My MYOG packs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I finally picked up digital camera here are some photo of a pack I made.
    Theone is made out of thru hiker Dyeenma Grid x fabric and vx 21 xpac reinforcements hidden in the shoulder straps and belt and double bottom. The hardware attachments and centering circle are made out of hypalon from OWF. Removable hip belt and hip belt pockets.

Front of packback of pack
    top of pack

Xpac day pack I haul around everyday for grocery's and around town the shoulder straps are from Jandd mountaineering. I use to make pack like this out of 1.9 oz ripstop nylon back around 1993 when Iwas sewing on workmans comp. trying to find out if I wanted to make a living making backpacks.Removable 1 " webbing belt is also on the pack.

xpac day packxpac day pack back

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Terry,

I've had good luck making my packs out of 1.9 once uncoated nylon. How did that older pack you made out of 1.9 ounce nylon hold up over time?

Daryl

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

I used coated I purchased from OWF back then. The day pack lasted pretty long till I started to carry multiple radios for my 3 different power slope scale R/C glider and lead balast in them. I was bushwhacking thru chaparral to different slopes that had no trails to fly slope gliders.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools