Topic

Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Does anyone know of an inexpensive source for 1000D Cordura Nylon coated ? I was looking to pick up a couple of yards for a messenger bag type project, but the prices I have seen (OWF, Quest, etc…)are a bit higher than I would like to spend. Ebay is a bit sketchy at best and you never know if you are actually getting what you paid for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

BTW – Color is not a huge concern

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> but the prices I have seen (OWF, Quest, etc…)are a bit higher than I would like to spend.

The prices are always higher than I want to spend. But sometimes you have to face reality.

Cheers

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I can buy outdoor fabric online, or I can buy it over-the-counter at a normal fabric store.

If I buy it online, the web item shows the fabric weight and other details, so I kind of know what it is, at least by the numbers. If I buy it at a store, it is typically unmarked, and the only way that I can tell weight is by picking it up and feeling it, which is unreliable. The quality that I find online is far higher than what I find in stores.

–B.G.–

Benjamin Moryson
    BPL Member

@hrxxl

Locale: Germany
    Jeff Brown
    BPL Member

@northshorehc

Locale: New England

I worked in the marine canvas business, and our suppliers sold tons of stuff. Though I purchased wholesale at the time, they also sell direct to the public.

The companies were Challenge Sailcloth in CT, and Bainbridge. The Challenge guys have fantastic customer service and usually ship the same day.

I'd call them directly as most, if not all, of their business is done this way. You could also request a catalog.

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

rockywoods.com usually has some 1000d cordura that is a "special buy" limited colors and amounts.

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

i bought 3 yds of red for a duffle that i ended up buying from campmor. it's red. it's bomber. it's cheap.
    ya want it ? pm me.

v.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I didnt know if there was some hidden source for cheaper materials, but alas there does not seem to be. BTW Roger, perfectly said!

Peter – PM sent. Thanks

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

I have some "tan" colored that I can part with. I'll get a photo of it and post. I think it's 60" wide.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Here is a photo of it and it's $8.00 per yard + ship

Not an import.

<center>

</center>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools