Topic

Stuff sack: taut line hitch knot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stuff sack: taut line hitch knot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I made some stuff sacks this weekend, and was trying to figure out a way to snug them up without using cord locks, or just tying a regular old knot, then it hit me, why not incorperate the taut line hitch knot, that I use on my tarp set up. It works great and it saves a little weight, here are some pic's, hope they show how it works, just out of curiosity, has anyone tried this before?

This is the knot in the closed position

knot closed

Close up of knot, sorry my camera doesn't take good close ups.

knot

This shows how to close the knot, hold string at the top, and slide the knot down untill tight.

knot

This shows the knot in the closed position, I hope this make sense, and helps anyone trying to lose more weight, grams.

closed knot

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

I like.

Will have to try this out.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

This is why I am a BPL member, as it is often the simple ideas that make the most sense.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That is very clever, I like it.

Something even simpler – nothing.

The cord lock came off a small stuff sack, but I could just cinch it up and it stayed closed without anything. Only works in certain cases, like my glasses case, because the glasses don't want to fall out. And the sleeve that the cord goes through is fairly small.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools