Topic

A Perfect Sunday Run

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities A Perfect Sunday Run

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Ed Schmidt

@suttree

Locale: ON, CANADA

Very jealous – I loved the picture "Higher in Castle Canyon."
    I need to get out of the city.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Craig, you are a terrible influence on all of us. I took a 35 mile "hike" last Sunday that ended up being 70% in snow. I was coming off of one of the higher mountains with about a foot of snow and I remembered a post you wrote on running in the snow. So off I went, flying down the trail expecting to completely wipe out. But it was an absolute blast. So I ended up doing a 22.6 mile trail run Saturday, no snow, and actually enjoyed it sooooo much more than road running. So I now have a new form of pain and punishment and I blame you!

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Road running is bad for the soul.

Go rock it Greg!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

What fun. What a way to wash the dust of daily life from your soul. Nice.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Perfect indeed, thanks for sharing- great elevation gain over that distance too! I wasn't as fortunate to have any fresh pow to run in this morning on my run, it's still February, but winter is for all intents and purposes over here.

I'm a desert rat, on the rare occasion when our local mountains get a dusting I do everything in my power to get a run in on the local trails before it melts, which often means work at 7, no lunch, running out of our maintenance shop in my shorty shorts by 4 for a run so I can be home by supper. Unlike you I have the decency to put a shirt on, for heaven's sake Craig! ;)

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

i wish it wasn't -23C today for my run…

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

-23!? Ouch.

Does a run outside on the trail always beat a run inside on the mill under any weather conditions excluding a hurricane or natural disaster? I wonder.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Ouch! Other than the injury, nice trip.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"Does a run outside on the trail always beat a run inside…"

When I wimp out and opt for the inside, I always congratulate myself on how smart I am.

Anytime I opt for the outside under questionable circumstances I always say "Damn that was fun."

Yesterday, 11,000', 7°F, 30 mph gusting to 40. I only lasted 3 hours. "Damn…..

IMHO, any day outside is better than a good day inside.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

I've been hitting the trails near Baldy 2 or 3 times a week lately trying to get what I can out of the snow. With this latest flurry, I feel like I've got alot of time now! Very exciting.

Sunday was killer, discovered a new perfect little trail right along a dark barren ridge dusted in powdered sugar, it was surreal. I know what you mean Craig, I wish it was like this every day.

Btw, if you saw a group of 4 or 5 mountain bikers up there on Sam Merril Sunday that might have been my brother and crew. He too showed up to my house Sunday afternoon with a big glowing smile, just like mine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools