Topic

POE Peak Elite AC

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) POE Peak Elite AC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I have been waiting patiently for POE's new pad to come out. It has been months with no updates on when it will hit market. I sent POE an email and received no response and I'm ready to move to Plan B. Does anyone have any news regarding this product and when it will be launched?

Robert Chavez
    BPL Member

@robertdetour-2

Hi Greg,
    I spoke to them the other day in regards to these. They were slated to show up in mid February, but now have been pushed back to the end of March. I know it's hard waiting, but you won't be dissappointed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Robert

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I emailed POE at the beginning of February and also was given the late March date. I'm really looking forward to getting one, but hope I can get it in time to test it at below-freezing temperatures. My back yard will be too warm by then, but hopefully I can find a frosty place east of the Cascades or in the mountains around the snow line!

Logan Spader

@___o2

Locale: .

Thank you for the info. I was in a local store talking with the camping salesman and he called POE directly to see if it was possible to order one but they never picked up. The salesman said he would get back to me as soon as POE contacts him but it looks like I already know what he is going to say.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Greg and Logan,

FWIW- a simple Google search generated a few hits.

Here's one retailer in UT that claims online to have the Peak AC "In-Stock" for $60- seems a little too good to be true or perhaps a mistake on their part.

https://www.gearandtraining.com/gearntrain/product.asp?dept_id=9500&pf_id=OB3220&addfrom=product&msg=added&s_id=0&addto=1&px_id=&mscssid=LBWQNJB9AMXS9LB7XTT06S6QRE1587G2

Logan Spader

@___o2

Locale: .

yes, the only hits I got off of a google search were the purple colored petite sizes (i'm not saying color matters, i would rock a purple if it was in my length!) and the regular sized pads deamed "stretch limo" <– ?

I'm looking for the long version and have yet to see any familiar retailer carrying even the regular version.

Robert Chavez
    BPL Member

@robertdetour-2

Not sure how anyone would have them in stock. POE hasn't released any of their products because it's all still in production.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> Not sure how anyone has them in stock. POE hasn't released any of their products because
    > it's all still in production.

I guess the shop will happily take you money while they wait for deliveries?

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools