Topic

Bay Area Snow Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Bay Area Snow Trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Aside from Kevin suggesting the March Yosemite snowshoe trip, would anyone be into something in April? Hwy 4 road closure to Lake Alpine, or Dodge Ridge area off of Hwy 108, or going towards the Peter Grubb hut off of Hwy 80 in April…Just trying to get some more snow camping in before the melt. Discuss

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Yup.

kevin smith

@divr6347

jack has been bugging me to go snow camping with him maybe this will be just the trip to go along on i don t own snowshoes though guess ill have to rent them from rei in fresno
    as we do not have a good gear shop in town that rents anything other than skis snowboards and therma rests

kevin

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

I am definitely interested. Kevin, If I am able to attend, I have an extra pair you can borrow.

I went to Dewey Point last weekend. We didn't even put the snowshoes on. The trail was so well packed down and the snow so solid, it only took about a hour to get from the parking lot to Dewey Point. The views on a clear day made up for the thin and hard snow.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Just call me "MR. FROSTY" I'm in as of now, I need to check my calendar

kevin smith

@divr6347

david
    thanks for the offer that would be great if i could get some loaner snowshoes instead of rent them

now i have to buy the snow loading pole for my tt moment dang it i knew jack and his
    snow camping idea was going to cost me money LOL

sounds like a great trip

kevin

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

I would like to go.

Morgan Rucks
    BPL Member

@rucksmtr

me…

Richard Niemi
    BPL Member

@rickniemi

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains

I'm definitely interested! I'm looking forward to hearing more details and a date so I can mark my calender.

Diana Vann
    BPL Member

@dianav

Locale: Wandering

I would definitely be interested if I'm in the area on the dates you decide on. I'm currently away from California, so the latter part of April would make it more likely that I'd be able to attend.

Ben Egan

@benjammin21

Locale: The Grid, Brooklyn

id love a winter trip.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

If I didn't wear out my welcome last weekend I'd be interested.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Doug you're always welcome at my camp, not that this thread was started by me, but we are also going on March 19th.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools