Topic

Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 – Powered by Nutella

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 – Powered by Nutella

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

There's an extra underscore in the link above. This should work.

Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 – Powered by Nutella

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

Thanks Eugene for correcting that!

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

I shouldn't publish at midnight. Thank you Eugene! And I corrected the original as well…

folecr r
    Spectator

@folecr

Just went to their website. Their Loke down jacket looks awesome. except for the price!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Damn you Danny! Just when I thought I had all the gear I wanted…….

Thanks a lot!

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice to see GoLite releasing some very light gear, even if the prices seem a bit high. This shell and down jacket would both be great buys in one of their 40% off sales.

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Dan – We were impressed by the Bitterroot parka. Golite did say that they wanted to make what they thought was the best jacket out there regardless of price point. They didn't feel that any extra down would make the jacket noticeably warmer, for instance. But, using Quantum GL on the inside and outside makes the jacket lighter. I believe the Rab Infinity only uses Quantum GL on the outside.

Wolfgang Zeiler

@geala

Locale: Hannover, Germany

The Yeti Passion Three has also baffles instead of being stitched through. The baffles are however very short. The Passion Three would be a competitor to the Western Mountaineering Summerlite. I tried both bags. The Yeti has far more room inside. I would choose the WM however cause I like a slim fit. The down of both bags is really good; I don't see however an advantage of the so called 900 cuin Yeti down. The Passion Three weights 542 g / 19,08 oz in the real world and will fit a person 190 cm / 6,23 feet tall. The WM Summerlite in large weights 580 g / 20,42 oz (19,7 oz in theory). The Yetis are very expensive even in Germany compared to WM bags and might be beyond price in the USA.

PS: I think it's a good idea to have full length zippers on bags like Yeti Passion Three or WM Summerlite. You can easily use it as a quilt in warmer temps.

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Wolfgang – Thanks for the comparison between WM and Yeti bags. It is great to hear about the real-world experiences. Yeti did say that the only other company in the world that has the same quality down is WM.

Thanks for the clarification on the Passion 3.

Of course the full zip increases the range of a sleeping bag. Yeti stated that they wanted to make the best bag, not necessarily the lightest. I suppose if you're paying that much for a bag, you only hope to buy one! Cheers.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

talked to a a golite employee wearing one of these at the golite sale this past fall…looks really impressive. Not many jackets with more down for the weight.

Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

+1 on the Nutella!

That buckle design of Klatermussen isn't unique at all. It was invented by Berghaus at least two decades ago when the first plastic quick release buckles came to the market. They weren't that strong yet and sometimes failed. Therefore Berghaus developed this type of buckle since it doesn't break very easily.

Eins

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Eins – Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't seen that buckle used before, but my knowledge base is limited to the last 10 years or so.

carlos fernandez rivas
    BPL Member

@pitagorin

Locale: Galicia -Spain

The name of this buckle is bergbuckle and most berghaus packs still use it

Could be bought separately in two sizes (for 40mm and 50mm webbing ) and its quite cheap :-)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools