Topic

Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

I have used the light shoe shown in the link below as an insert in my hiking shoe.

Upon arriving at camp I just pull it out of the shoe and use it as a camp shoe.

SHOE

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Can you provide the weight?Have you tried them in stream crossings? Slippery or…? By the way this image came through just fine. Thanks.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

There are many posts on this shoe. Simple search forum for weights, around 2-3 oz per pair IIRC.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

John,

I have the largest size and they weigh 1.8 ounces for the pair on my scale.

I just leave my hiking shoes on when I cross a stream so I haven't tried the light shoes to cross. I gave a pair to a friend, however, and he said they worked fine for crossing streams.

They have, of course, crossed streams within my hiking shoes but I don't think that counts.

They are thicker and stiffer than typical shoe inserts. I like that because it gives my feet a little more protection from sharp rocks than a lighter insert would. By the way, I put the mesh on the downside when I use them as shoe inserts.

I tried to use the "insert image at cursor" feature for the hot link to the shoes but it doen't work with links to websites. Glad you were able to connect to it.

Daryl

Gregory Petliski

@gregpphoto

WOW! Cheaper and lighter than crocs even! And since theyre mesh-like theyll dry the feet out well. Great find, thanks for sharing.

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

For those of you who use the aqua shoes, what is your shoe size, and what size of the shoe fits you?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I'm definitely seduced by their compactness and very light weight! I am leery, however, about how good they are in padding your feet against jagged rocks? Some of us have tender soles. Sigh.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools