Topic

1/2 Oz Adjustable Styrofoam Pillow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 1/2 Oz Adjustable Styrofoam Pillow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

My 1/2 ounce adjustable styrofoam pillow recently completed its maiden voyage (4 day backpack). It worked well so I thought I'd share it with my fellow sleepers and/or lay-on-your back readers. It is a box shaped piece of strofoam packaging that came with a printer I recently purchased.*

Here are some pictures:

PILLOW

Specs
    1/2 ounce
    Three heights (4", 5", 7.5") depending on which way you place it
    Could double as padded storage for glasses, camera, binoculars, etc.
    Line it with a piece of plastic bag and it could be a cereal bowl

*I would describe this as "in-the-box" thinking

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Could you possibly insert pictures in the forum? Very interesting idea. I'm not running the current Silverlight version because it is used on so few sites now and takes up lots of space.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Interesting idea. It's drawback is bulk. Lately I have been sleeping on my O2 rainshield jacket in its stuffsack. I place the stuffsack on top of my shoes (toe end) for height. It works well.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

John,

Happy to do whatever works best for you folks.

So you prefer that I use the "insert image at cursor" option……right?

Don't know what silverlight is or the implications exactly but if you say one way is better than another that's good enough for me.

I started using the hot link method becuase the "insert image at cursor" feature often would string out the text horizontally in a way that was difficult to read. Is there a way to keep the text intact and scroll downward through the photos? Seems like that would be easier for the reader.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

John,

Yes, bulk is a drawback.

I have the luxury of using a large pack and often consider and/or use bulky items, as long as they are light. Opens up a few options for me that might be unhandy for those with smaller, every inch counts, packs.

Daryl

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Silverlight is Microsoft's own version of Netframework the dominant system for linking certain aspects of the web especially downloading sites or online posting places. Microsoft just keeps updating it and updating it and while I use Netframework every day I almost never run into a post that requires Silverlight . So , yes I think it's better to use the Insert Image at Cursor option. My wife is still not happy with here pillow and I save lots of packing material so this sounds promising at that weight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools