Topic

Weekend warrior gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Weekend warrior gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Taggart

@penndude

Locale: Western PA

I've put together two incomplete lists through the use of the "Pack Planning Tool." I'm really just a weekend warrior and I'd like to get a good amount of hiking in this summer. This year is the first year that I'm really trying to get my pack weight down. I've got the list on the left, which is comprised of gear that I already have. The list on the right is modified to reflect some gear that I plan on replacing.

I'm really not sure what type of clothing to invest in.

Most of my hiking will be done in warmer weather so I really don't need any down pants or anything of that nature, but I would like to have an insulating top similar to the BPL Cocoon insulated hoodie…if only they were in stock.

This is my first post of a gear list and the first time I've actually itemized gear and took the time to weight it out. Do your worst and tear it apart. Feel free to recommend clothing as well. Thanks!

Photobucket

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

for warm weather you might be able to get by w/ a insulating vest- syn if your country tends to be wet, down if drier

when layered over a long sleeve base layer and under a windshirt or hardshell, it can be pretty warm :)

pair of light shorts or pants worn, pair of socks worn

a light base layer bottom (can be added for additional warmth around camp or to extend the range of your bag) and a extra pair of socks

I suggest carrying a light wool (or syn) beanie and a pair of light gloves- even in warm weather

you should be able to get your carried clothing at or close to 2 lbs (including raingear)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools