Topic

Jet- ti stove. I now have one.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Jet- ti stove. I now have one.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dan kutcher

@danscapes49

I received my Jet-ti stove last week, and am impressed with it upon initial inspection. It’s sturdy, (more so than my old PocketRocktet), and lighter. Performance seems to be similar (actually I feel the MSR stove was a little hotter). The flame pattern is larger, and the pot supports seem to function as a wind shield of sorts, and works like the Wind Clip (tm. I believe) on the MSR stove.
    I boiled a quart (not that I’d do it on a solo trip, just for comparison) of 50 degree (F.) water in the same air temperature in a very light and shifting wind using a new Coleman cannister with no windscreen. Boil time was 5 min. 45 sec. Not bad.
    I still think BPL should have included it in the comparison test, but I understand their reasoning.

dan kutcher

@danscapes49

Perusing the internet, I’ve noticed that the Kovea (aka Markill titanium) stove looks a LOT like my new stove.

Any comments?

Ryan Jordan?

Will Rietveld
    BPL Member

@williwabbit

Locale: Southwest Colorado

Hi Guys. The Vargo Jet-Ti stove wasn’t around when I rounded up canister stoves to test and review last year. It is made by Kovea in Korea, and is the same stove as the Kovea Camp 3 and the Vaude Peak Ignition (Europe) and Hot Rod (US), but without piezo ignition. I have a sample of the latter and plan to test it and review it soon.
    Will Rietveld
    Cooking Systems Editor

Rob Zwissler

@robzr

Hey Will, I was wondering if you ever had a chance to compare this with the other stoves – performance wise ? I have teh Hot Rod titanium, I really dig it, I’m curiuos hwo the fuel consumption stacks up.

regards

Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools