Topic

EZ to do Business With

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) EZ to do Business With

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sunny Waller
    BPL Member

@dancer

Locale: Southeast USA

who are your favorite online places to shop with?? Mine:

#1 Gossamer Gear: the absolute BEST I have ever delt with..great website..great product availability..SAME DAY response to customer service inquiries.

#2 Six Moon Designs:great website..great customer service..QUALITY QUALITY gear..

#3 Speer Hammocks: great customer service, great product, Wonderful Website-full of hammock camping info.

#4 AntiGravity Gear: for those of us who want storebought alcohol stoves and cozys..great customer service, great products..Ships Very Fast.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

[Note: Nothing below in any particular order]

Retailers:
    Campmor
    ProLite Gear
    BaseGear
    Backcountry
    BrightGuy (headlamps & lighting – sometimes the lowest prices – great company to do business with)

Why?
    – Speedy Shipping
    – Fast follow-up to emails
    – No problems with order
    – Great Customer service (though rarely need to use it)
    – All only charge CC when item(s) actually ship(s) even if some items are BO’d***

***Except maybe PLG if i recall correctly, but i could be forgetting – still a great company to do business with (one of my favorites) – they have special ordered for me w/o charging me in advance. With possibly one exception over the last couple of years, all items listed were in stock and shipped within 1 or 2 days. No worries doing business with PLG. [if anyone can correct me if i’m mistaken on when PLG charges one’s CC, please Post here with correct info.]

Manufacturers:
    Gossamer Gear
    SixMoonDesigns
    HenryShires
    ULA
    MiniBullDesigns
    Montbell (big, but still act like they’re a responsive cottage industry)
    LuxuryLite
    Oware

Why?
    – Speedy Shipping (in most or all cases depends upon the Mfr and whether item is in stock at time of order – never any EXTENDED waits – all deliver when and as promised and no excuses).
    – Fast follow-up to emails
    – Great Customer service (though rarely need to use it)
    – Great Quality (which is why Cust. Srv. is rarely required)
    – No problems with order (which is why Cust Srv. is rarely req’d)

There are other fine Manufacturers out there that i have done business with (e.g. to name just two, MountainLaurelDesigns which only lacks in “Speedy Shipping” due to “growing pains” and FanaticFringe), but those listed above stand out in my personal experience.

Retailer+Mfr:
    I’m going to mention BPL/BMW here, since within the last year they have really turned their Cust Srv around in my experience, though a couple of yrs ago they needed work in this dept. Fast shipping of *IN STOCK* items. Fairly responsive to Cust. Srv requests within the last year. Bend over backwards to correct problems, in my personal experience. Great products.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

PJ states it well… Here are my favorites:

Gossamer Gear – Excellent customer response, shipped within 24-48 hours in all instances
    Six Moon Designs – Shipped within 24-48 hours, excellent responses
    Oware – Great to work with on customization, timely shipping
    AntiGravity Gear – Excellent customer service, timely shipping
    Nunatak – Good working with customization (you do have to wait for your product, but quality is superb)
    BPL – enough said
    Campmor – Usually ships within 24-48 hours of order, large selection, β€œHot Deals” (need to view frequently and buy quickly to find/get best deals)
    REI – Outstanding customer service, no shipping fee if picked up at local store

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

BACKPACKS:

Fanatic Fringe
    Z Packs

Both times, I asked for certain changes to their packs — both delivered quality packs quickly and at very reasonable cost!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

TENTS:

Henry Shires
    Six Moon Designs

(Surely by now, everyone knows about these two great gearmakers already).

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Not comprehensive, by all means—-
    Big Retailers/Manufacturers:
    Patagonia
    Montbell
    Black Diamond

On-line retailers:
    Backcountry.Com
    Bentgate
    Prolite Gear

The Wee Cottage Folk:
    Henry Shires/TarpTent
    Gossamer Gear
    ULA (where’s Brian?)
    MLD (when Ron allows ordering again)
    CiloGear (I suspect—he’s a pleasure to correspond with)
    Nunatak

All of the above are ethical, flexible concerns who want you to be happy—sometimes at their expense.

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

We Bens diverged in our initial response to the Z-pack products. Have you had a chance to snap any pictures that you could share with us? I was intrigued by the prices and weights, but the construction looked less impressive. Some better pictures might clear this right up.

Drew Davis
    BPL Member

@drewnc2005

Locale: Denver, CO

Retailers:
    REI
    Sierra Trading Post
    Altrec
    (and others)

Cottage Folk:
    Henry Shires/Tarpent
    Brian Frankle/ULA Equipment

(These are the only two I’ve dealt with but both have been responsive and helpful before, during, and after the sale)

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

These are some great people. I’ve also had real good luck with WildThings and ULA.

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

BPL has been prompt and courteous in all cases.

Gossamer Gear has been VERY helpful for this MYOG guy, even answering questions that were in some cases clearly not sales inquiries :D.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Ben:

The Z pack is a simple pack. Nothing real special, but if your gear is light and you are willing to baby the silnylon a bit, then it carries just as well as most any other simple, frameless packs — and you get to enjoy its amazingly light weight!

Joe Valesko added the following to my pack:

Standard (44″ belt) – 5.7 oz
    2 side compression straps – .3
    2 bottom compression straps – .6
    2 silnylon hip belt pockets – .6

Weight as delivered – 7.2 oz.
    Home made sternum strap – .2

Revised total – 7.4 oz.

I added the bottom compression straps because I prefer hanging my tent on the outside.

If you have any questions about the particulars of the pack, feel free to email me at btangemail AT yahoo . com

OK, back to EZ gear makers…

Cheers,
    The Other Ben.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools