Topic

$25 Down Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals $25 Down Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hollis
    BPL Member

@hyperslug

Not lightweight but for $25? My $200 WM down jacket is so full of holes from fire sparks and one sleeve baffle has no down left in it. Maybe next time a disposable jacket is in order, even if I have carry an extra pound.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-550-Goose-Down-Jacket/1087164.uts?rid=10&WT.tsrc=AFF&WT.mc_id=k54384

Mark Mathis
    Spectator

@78staff

Locale: NE Florida

That is a perfect beater down jacket…

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

I got an old 650 down vest from them for $17 once. It is my beater vest , but I can't destroy it. It have been well worth the price many times over. I like that some of their clothing comes in tall's also

Kristopher Dunn
    Spectator

@linuxhack

Looks like the price dropped another $5 now $19.99

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

no stores in my area though, $6 shipping…

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Now that I bought one at $25.

At any rate the XL is 1#4oz which I dont think it too bad.

Its decent. Needs a way to tighten around the waist.

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Locale: Mid-Minnesota

Pretty good deals!

Chad Helmke
    BPL Member

@the-gear-recycler

Locale: High Rockies

So if anyone out there lives close to a Cabelas, they have the 750 UL jacket for $30 and the 750 UL vest for $20 after a additional 25% off of clearance prices. Be warned that the weights on their website are wrong and the jackets/vests are heavier than listed but who cares at these prices!

L. T.

@guinness1759

I am guessing that deal is for "in store" only? I can't find a coupon or link for the extra % off.

Chad Helmke
    BPL Member

@the-gear-recycler

Locale: High Rockies

Pretty sure it is in store only as I had just bought a 750 online for 64.99 and had just received it when my dad called from Cabelas to inform me of the screaming deals including getting the additional 25% off when he went up to check out. This was at the Omaha Cabelas by the way.

Gregory Petliski

@gregpphoto

FYI, its even cheaper now at $19.99!

Michael B

@mbenvenuto

Locale: Vermont

Where are the weights listed for any of these items? I often wonder about picking up something for emergency use for my kids.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

No weights. The XL 550 down jacket weighs 1#4oz

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

Thanks for the heads-up! My winter hikes are usually shorter, and we try to have a fire every night for something to do after it gets dark at 5pm, and there's no sense in spending $200 on a nice jacket if it's just gonna get speckled with burn holes! Anyway I picked up 2!

Matt Jones
    BPL Member

@mjones

Grabbed one. I'm always worried about poking holes in the down sweater and this jacket will be good for commuting and urban hiking.

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

just to update, mine weighs 17.3 oz in size medium. I just went down and brushed my car off with it. It's not the warmest, and the fit is a bit boxy, but it's a heck of a lot warmer than a fleece. A great buy for $20! Thanks OP

jeff clapp

@malterwitty

Locale: southern CA

Seduced by the price, I took a chance on this. In a Large Tall it weighs 21 ounces. No. Sending it back…..

Tom Beno
    Spectator

@killerb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I see they've got lighter, 750-fill down jackets in all sorts of colors and sizes for $50-$65. More money spent, in a bad economy! :)

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

No kidding!!

a

martin cooperman
    Spectator

@martyc

Locale: Industrial Midwest

I was travelling through southeast Michigan this Sunday and stopped off at what is billed as Michigan's biggest tourist attraction: the Cabel's store in Dundee.
    I managed to find the 750 fill down jackets and vests.
    They varied in price by size and color.
    Medium in poppy red was the cheapest jacket at $39.95 (18oz on my scale) and the same for the vest at $29.95 (11.5 oz on my scale).
    Blue and black cost more. Large and xtra Large cost more.
    Maybe red is just a sissy color and no one wants it.
    I did.
    I'm 5'-8" 160# and the medium fits like half-way between a medium and a large.
    I was able to layer the jacket over the vest, so it runs a little bit.
    But not bad quality.
    Maybe not for a lightweight backpacking trip.
    But for shovelling snow, or waiting at a bus stop?
    Marty Cooperman
    Cleveland, Ohio

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools