Topic

Thermarest Z-Lite: How many panels are needed?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Thermarest Z-Lite: How many panels are needed?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Castro-Rappl
    BPL Member

@jabber

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find much in a few searches.

Here's the deal:

I just got the BPL pack, and while I like it a whole lot, it doesn't have a ton of space. The sleeping pad I have now is a size small Thermarest Z-Lite, which, unfortunately, takes up a ton of space.

I haven't trimmed it at all, so it's at a full 10 panels in length. I'm about 5'9, and wondering if I need the full pad, or can trim down some for extra room/less weight. The pack already has a frame, so fitting it into a pad holder isn't an issue.

Jacob Linton
    Spectator

@gardenhead

Locale: Western NC

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but doesn't the Absaroka have an open spot on the back (farthest from your body)? If that's the case, I'm sure it's got some grosgrain loops or something and you could just strap the pad on the outside of the pack with some shock chord.

John Castro-Rappl
    BPL Member

@jabber

Yup, and I feel silly for just realizing it now. It's the perfect spacing for the pad too. Any suggestions on where to get the cord/cordlock?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools