Topic

Cocoon pants sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cocoon pants sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Will Webster

@willweb

I've been considering some high-loft insulated pants and the gambler's sale has me interested in the Cocoons. I'm a bit confused about sizing, though. I have a 32"-33" waist and a 30" inseam, so for almost all clothing I'm solidly a medium. According the the sizing chart (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/sizing_chart.html#60pant) I would want an XS. I would be wearing them over a thin baselayer (currently REI light Powerdry, but considering Ibex Woolies). If I put them on at a rest stop it would be over supplex pants and maybe the baselayer.

Are the BPL pants really this much oversized?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

You might want to post this in "BPL Product Support" forum.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I'd suggest a medium. I have a small and there's enough room to layer over my soft shell pants. My actual waist measures around 29" on average.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

I have some pro pants that I picked up off gear swap but haven't worn outside yet. I'm 32/30. The medium fits baggy by itself but perfect for throwing on over other pants. With the drawstring completely open, they'd fit probably up to a 35" waist. It cinches down really nicely though.

So I'd say………medium if you plan on wearing over other pants, small if under a protective shell.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools