Topic

Winds: Wall Lake to Photo Pass Experience?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Winds: Wall Lake to Photo Pass Experience?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Part of an upcoming trip includes a route from Wall Lake to Photo Pass –

North Section
    Wall2Photo1b

South Section
    Wall2Photo2c

Anyone been there, done that?
    It looks doable, with a little care and some common sense.
    I'm just looking for confirmation.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Are you familiar with Nancy Pallister's "Beyond Trails in the Wind River Mountains"? She has these routes (and variations) listed there. Here's her website: http://www.mcreynoldscpa.com/BeyondTrails

Note that you'll need an Indian Reservation permit for part of the trip. Despite what your map shows, everything east of the Continental Divide from just north of Milky Lakes to Baptiste Lake is in the Reservation.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

bump…

Yes Mary, I have the book.

Anyone been there, done that?
    It looks doable, with a little care and some common sense.
    I'm just looking for confirmation.

dreamer
    BPL Member

@ejcfree

Hi Greg, I have been to Wall Lake and through Angel Pass to Alpine Lakes Pass and through the unnamed pass west of Angel Peak and south of your pass on three different hikes. On your route from Wall over the Divide-easy, then all talus, the drop down south of Douglas will require careful scouting.the talus area Wall Lake is over the Divide to the far rightsouth of Burch Peak Your drop will be in this areasouth towards Golden Lake area south towards Golden Lake areaover Golden Lake area this looks over Golden Lake area into where you will head. This is a fantastic locale. Not many people around there, be careful, and have a great time. Tell me about it when your done. All Best to you, Eric

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Eric,
    Wow! Big Thanks for scouring the forum and finding this query.

Wall2DouglasRoute3
    This is what I had in mind, depending on snow.
    So, with care on my part, it looks OK.

I really appreciate the photo tour.
    Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools