Topic

Panasonic TS3 & ZS10

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Panasonic TS3 & ZS10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

They look promising. Both have gps. One is ruggedized, with compass, altimeter and barometer. The other has a 16x zoom. If the TS3 gets a quick gps lock and displays UTM coordinates, I could see it replacing my Garmin Oregon 550.

TS3

ZS10

Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Locale: Alabama

I have the Panasonic DMC-ZS7 with GPS. I am using their supplied PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.1. It would seem to me that using the camera in a hiking trip that you would want the ability to include the Latitude/Longitude on the picture as opposed to a name from a database that designates a large area. I envisioned attaching the pictures to mapping software with location information more specific than a National Park for example. I am still learning about this camera's features. If someone is aware that I can place lat/long on the picture please let me know.

Thanks.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"It would seem to me that using the camera in a hiking trip that you would want the ability to include the Latitude/Longitude on the picture as opposed to a name from a database that designates a large area."

Actually, you would not want to have Lat/Long imposed on the image, because that screws up the image. You would want the Lat/Long included in the EXIF data that the camera records along with the image data. That way, you have access to the Lat/Long data, and you can look that up in mapping software, and you can put some human meaning on the name of that place or view. Or, you can hide it if you need to keep the place secret.

There are programs that can read specific lines of EXIF data and place those into a caption or title that gets plugged into a digital frame of the image.

If you really want to take snapshots with a bunch of numbers showing, it doesn't require a good camera.

–B.G.–

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

This camera is on the Panasonic website now, but I don't see the manual.

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

Just happened to see this You Tube review

YouTube video

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools