Topic

Shuttle help- Blue Ridge Parkway North Carolina

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Shuttle help- Blue Ridge Parkway North Carolina

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

I'm planning to hike the Mountains to Sea Trail sections 9-12 this March (either the 21st or the 28th). Does anyone know of a shuttle that would pick me up at the Beacon Hill Overlook and drive me to Balsam Gap? Do I need to be worried that the BRP will be closed this time of year?

Also, do I need bear bagging, bug spray, sunscreen this time of year in NC?

Thanks

Misfit Mystic

@cooldrip

Locale: "Grand Canyon of the East"

Hi Ike, you won't need bug spray, but you definitely need bear-bagging gear. I would carry a little sunscreen just in case.

On the shuttle front, I don't know of any commercial shuttle services, but I would be happy to help you out. I live really close to the areas you'll be hiking through; I could certainly shuttle you. Haven't checked if you are set up for PMs, but if so, I'll shoot you one in a few…

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

You probably won't need bug spray or sunscreen but you will need to bear bag. Pura Vida Adventures runs shuttles in that area, or at least they used to (772) 579-0005

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

I really appreciate the info. Should be good to go now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools