Topic

Salute to the BPL community

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Salute to the BPL community

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Burke

@ore-trailtrash

Locale: Lost in the Cascades

I began backpacking as a youngster in the late '70s. External frames, 5 lb. sleeping bags, 10 lb. tents and the ubiquitous stainless steel mess kit were considered essential for any serious backpacker. 60 lbs. was a standard summer load.
    The late '80's found me in the military amidst a group of individuals that operated 'unconventionally'. 100 lb. pack and 25 lbs. of basic kit while strolling through mountains, jungle or desert was a thankfully 'light load out'.
    Year 2000 I found myself once again among people that carried a pack for recreation. No weapons, ammunition, radios or proprietary batteries. I was overjoyed to be humping a pack that 'only' weighed 50 lbs.
    Shortly thereafter and $1500 later I was introduced to the Ray Jardine Concept by a friend/co-worker. BPL followed soon after.
    I cannot possibly express my gratitude to Dr. Jordan, the BPL staff and everyone that has in any way contributed to Backpacking Light. Skin-out I now top the scales at 12 lbs. and am growing lighter with each passing trip. My feet, ankles, knees and spine wish to to thank everyone in the BPL community.

-Regardless the load, Happy Trails to all-

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools