Topic

DriDucks question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) DriDucks question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Sorry, but after reading through threads I couldn't find a good answer…

I'm looking to lighten up my rain gear, especially since I mostly hike in SoCal and the Sierras and it doesn't get used a lot.

First question – at 5'5", 155 lbs (29" waist) will the size small even fit me? Are there local places in southern california that carry them?

Second question – is there a good alternative that would fit me?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Jeff:

A size small might be a tad big for you — but not unmanageably so. Give it a try. Otherwise, I live in Pasadena, and if you want, you are welcome to visit for a look-see. I have Driducks in size small (I/m 5'9" and 150lbs) and also an Integral Designs eVent rain jacket that I love.

Michael Haubert
    BPL Member

@socalmike

Locale: So Cal

Hey, Jeff.

I am 6'1", 165 and have the large. I'm swimming in these things–tons of room. I could easily cover a day pack under my jacket to keep it dry. I never could find anyone that sold them locally here in the OC. I did find a place online that sold them and the Dropstoppers for a discount (I'd have to look them up, but I can PM you if you want). They had free shipping, too.

I got my daughter a pair of the Polly Woggs, too. They're the equivalent of the Frogg Togg material, I believe, which is the heavier material than the DriDucks, but of better quality.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

I have a 'small' DriDucks set.

The jacket is 45" in girth, straight (i.e. not tapered eithered way.) Back length (from the seam where the hood attaches) is 29.5 inches. Sleeve length, again from the neckline, is 33 inches. Armholes are very generously sized. Weighs 5.5 oz by my scale.

Pants' inseam is 29", outseam is 41". Waist is 29" relaxed, 40" stretched (which is also the same girth as the hips.) Weighs 3.7 oz.

I'm a 5'2" woman and I swim in it, but while it's not exactly an "attractive" fit, I can wear it fine.

I have to say, though, that at first glance, the fabric doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. My first thought was that it reminded me of those paper/plastic "bibs" at the dentist's office…

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I think I'll give the smalls a shot. Do all of you usually just take the jacket or do you use the pants as well. I'm trying to decide if I need rain/wind pants for my Sierra trips. I usually go late August or early September and I've rarely hit a lot of rain.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Lots of granite in the Sierras. My Driducks jackets can last a few years actually — but the pants (lower legs) get holes and rips in just one trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools