Topic

adding a cup?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i use a 700mL Ti pot for heating water and drinking hot beverages. i want to start cooking some other fare on trips, the freeze dried meals are getting old. what are others carrying to drink out of?

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

I use this compact nesting cup and bowl. It weighs just 3.3oz and gives you a bowl and a mug with a lid and cozy.

http://www.backcountryedge.com/gsi_outdoors-gourmet-nesting-mug-bowl.aspx

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

i like the concept of the GSI nesting cup/bowl – the shape easily will fit between things in the pack.

Brian Camprini
    BPL Member

@bcamprini

Locale: Southern Appalachians

It's nice if they can nest and not rattle. Not sure which 700ml mug you have. The GSI insulated mug slides perfectly inside of a SP700 (it's the same diameter as a small fuel canister).

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/products/pdp/infinity_insulated_mug_-_blue/

Sea to summit makes a similar one but the top doesn't stay on well. Empty peanut butter or mayo jars work too if you don't need the insulation, but want a top.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Most times I use a GSI nested set. I use the mug half with the insulated sleeve and sip-it lid, leaving the bowl at home.

Btw, I also have the GSI ones in 3 sizes (2 are round sets in 2 sizes and I also have the triangle shaped ones).

Nancy Charlier
    BPL Member

@ncharlier

Locale: Midwest

I use a Ti-Tri stove with a BPL 900ml pot–I eat the main meal out of the bag, FBC style, but I use the Ti-Tri caddy for hot beverages (the end with the screw threads on the inside-female end?). I have added 3/8 in white closed-cell foam to insulate it. The 900ml pot fits snugly over the end of it when I pack. I can make a nice big cup of coffee in the caddy, using a piece of nylon knee-hi over the top as a filter. Interestingly, the caddy plastic doesn't seem to hold the coffee flavor too tightly, so I can switch to tea without taint.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools