Topic

Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Have to ask again, is an article about what was used, how gear worked, and photos of the trip in the Arctic 1000 still in the works? Three months have already gone by. Now, I know that retouching the photos would probably take the longest to get through, but surely a good gear list might be offered a little sooner?

Hoping for something before the snows start blowing!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Maybe their lawyers are holding it up??? :)

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

I am still hoping for the (long awaited) update myself. I just returned from Scotland and bought the TGO magazines of September and October and the both had a feature on the Artic 1000 trip with photo’s and stories and gear evaluations. I was a bit surprised to see this in a British magazine first.
    As a dedicated folower of the Artic 1000 expedition I am a bit dissapointed that we have to wait so long for updates and then it appears in a British magazine first (which i think is hardly available in the US).
    I gave up looking at the Arctic 1000 site for updates.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Yes, very surprising we’d hear about it in a British magazine before anything is available to subscribers to either the US magazine or this site.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Surprising and just a bit insulting. Quite a number of people religiously kept up with what was going on, including some people who were sponsors of the trip. Sometimes I feel that being a paying member of the BPL community means simply being a gear guinea pig and nothing else. Really too bad.

J R

@ravenul

Is anyone really surprised?

Seems like par for the BPL course.

But keep the faith because eventually someone from “staff” will finally lower themselvs to respond to the little peoples clamor with something vague and condescending like “Calm down, breathe, we hear you. We are working on it. Here, eat some cake.”

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Mr. Tang said, “Maybe their lawyers are holding it up??? “

Naw, stepped in a hole and turned an ankle.

Andy Dixon

@sideshowandy

don’t worry if you can’t get a copy of TGO – the features simply fleshed out what has already appeared here and on artic1000, no new information was published in TGO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools