Topic

Video: Overnight Snowshoe Adventure

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Video: Overnight Snowshoe Adventure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raul Perez

@watermonkey

Did an overnight solo snowshoe trip. Had a really relaxing time sorting out the cobwebs in my head over recent work and world events.

Got a chance to test out some new gear:

Oakely A Frame Goggles – Really nice goggles with no fogging when you wear them. Made a mistake of of leaving them on my head and the moisture from my head fogged them up terribly. Dont do that.

Atlas 1230 snowshoes – really nice. The lacing tends to loosen up after about a mile or so. Had to re-tighten them. They have a heel bar for steep inclines and I made sure I had a chance to try it out. Wow really makes a difference.

Big mamajamba tarp – it made its debut and it did well. Camped on an incline so I couldnt pitch it that low and a cold wind at night sucked the warmth from me one time during the night. Other than that it was a few degrees warmer in the tarp than it was outside.

Got to see a few animals… a 6 point buck (couldnt get a close shot on the camera), Hawk which circled my campsite for 20 minutes (no decent video) and an epic squirrel battle over the rights to a tree in the morning the next day (again no video of that I didnt want to take my eyes away from the fight).

Oh and I had no idea that cross country skiers have such *cough* colorful outfits.

Here are the videos…. I really got a chance to play with the iMovie features for a bit and I was able to really get some good scenes in the first part:

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mWPGg2LgcY

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWCBmjnnzKk

Enjoy,

Water Monkey

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Hi,

Nice trip report and videos.

You are doing to two of my favorite things, play in the snow and hang in your hammock.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Paul,

Thank you for sharing your mini-adventure with us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools