Topic

Option Suggestion / Request

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Option Suggestion / Request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Like to make a request. More and more of us now have cable, DSL, or other high-speed connections. Is it possible to add a feature in our Profile to set the number of posts per page — and/or a "show all" option? Right now, pages are added as posts accumulate — and it can get tedious to continually clicking pages, given that nowadays, downloading all the posts in one fell swoop takes hardly any additional time.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Ben

I had thought of that one too, but can you imagine downloading ALL of the Rog T Global Warming thread every time you want to see what page 91 has?

Cheers

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Maybe the first time around, but that's likely about it. :)

But seriously, methinks BPL should either let users set the number of posts per view — or maybe BPL can just increase the number of posts per page globally? How many of us are still on AOL modem dial up anyway?

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

"How many of us are still on AOL modem dial up anyway?"

–I am. Well not AOL, but dial-up. Thanks for asking. I hope you can tell I'm bitter.

That said, at work I'm blazing fast and I agree with your original request.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I'll be honest with you, we won't be making many costly upgrades to the current forum software but rather focusing our efforts on a complete rebuild (tentatively scheduled for 2011). When that upgrade happens all of everyone's wildest dreams will be fulfilled.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools