Topic

Yosemite in Winter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Yosemite in Winter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Here is one good reason to go to Yosemite in winter, for snowshoeing or cross country skiing. This is Taft Point, looking across at El Capitan, and looking down into Yosemite Valley.

–B.G.–

Taft Point, Yosemite National Park

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Beautiful Bob. Now you just need a few more feet of snow everywhere. And since the shot was taken they have had over 12 ft. of snow!!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

nice pic! I always love the view from Taft and Dewey Points

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

I like the winter season when there is litte snow in Yosemite Valley, but there is snow all around the upper rim of the valley.

I look at that photo and wonder what the heck I was thinking to have gotten out on such a steep snow slope.

–B.G.-

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

"Taft and Dewey Points"

Dewey Point is good because it is a lot shorter and quicker to get there. Taft Point is better for the awesome perspective, but you have to get to the right spot. Stanford Point is better for long scenery. Sentinel Dome isn't bad.

–B.G.–

Nathan Moody
    BPL Member

@atomick

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Nice! I'll be XCing out Glacier Point Road from Badger Pass next weekend with a rowdy posse o' people. Good times, and great photo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools