Topic

Polartec NeoShell Starting To Appear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Polartec NeoShell Starting To Appear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    wayne clark
    Spectator

@wayno

gore dont seem to supply any company that use eVent, although they still supply companies using Neoshell, Neoshell doesnt seem to be marketed as a replacement for Gore as much as event was. companies using gore and event are still putting out new models of stormshells using gore tex

wayne clark
    Spectator

@wayno

havent seen any company using a lightweight fabric with neoshell. it might not be manufactuered yet. manufacturers possibly just decided to with a more mainstream fabric to start with. most companies using neoshell are only putting out one model of neoshell. only exception i've seen is westcomb putting out three but they are using other membrane fabrics still for the mainstay of their garments. perhaps they are waiting to see how it sells and how well it's received before gearing up their factories to churn out different factories and models.
    look at gore for instance, event is proven to b e more breathable than gore fabrics but most outdoor companies using gore stuck with it rather than switch to eVent, the companies may just be conservative.

I was told by a rab distributor the neostretch is based on the Latok design, probably the alpine as the other version of Latok weighs about 800gm

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

I will give you my two cents. I have a Mammut Gipfelgrat jacket on the way. My no means light weight a 780 grams i think? I also have a Mammut Feltrum jacket on the way and that is def a lightweight piece of gear at 280 grams in a large. It is made of Gore Active shell though. Supposed to breath as well or better than the Neo Shell?

I also have the Rab Neo shell jacket in a box ready for return. That jacket is 48 grams in size large.It just didnt fit well as i am skinny and it is not slim cut. I might end up reordering the Rab coat though if i am not floored by the Mammut stuff?

I will let you all know how it all breaths in a few months?!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools