Topic

Roan Highlands Shuttle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ncwild
    BPL Member

@ncwild

Locale: Western North Carolina

Need a shuttle from "Mountain Harbour" hostel (Roan Mtn, TN) on Friday Jan. 15th 8am to Iron Mountain Gap, TN (Hwy 226) for a three day for myself and my wife. No one available at "Mountain Harbour" to do it, they will allow me to park there. I am guessing a one hour time estimate to drop off at Iron Mountain Gap from "Mountain Harbour". Tried Kincora Hostel, but no answer. Any help appreciated. We will pay a reasonable charge. And, yes, we do have snowshoes and crampons. Thanks

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Which number did you try at Kincora? The 3039 number is for the hostel only (ie nobody answers), try Bob Peoples the proprietor at 725-4409. Bob is as nice of guy as you would ever hope to meet and can find someone to help you out if he can't do it himself.

Please post pics of this trip when you are done, that is a great area!

Brad Fisher
    Spectator

@wufpackfn

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains

Mt Rogers Outfitters. Haven't used them but heard good things. Have info on website

Brad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools