Topic

Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 50% off on Steep And Cheap!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 50% off on Steep And Cheap!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    will sawyer

@wjsawyer

Locale: Connecticut

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

– "ridiculously cool"
    – matchless lighters
    – "pretty compact"

an ultralight chef's dream come true!

hehe…

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

does it come with a sherpa ?

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

They have this stove on and off for the last 3 months. It's tempting to buy one and stick it in my garage as an emergency cook source if the big one hits us here in Seattle.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I have some friends who would bring this sort of thing on car camping trips, even 1-2 mile hike-in/cart-in sites! I can just envision one of these friends make her boyfriend lug one to the site in a big Duluth Pack so that she could make us brownies or some sort of muffin-tin soufflé. *shakes head* To each their own, I suppose. :D

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I'll admit, I'm tempted. Pretty cool for emergencies/car camping/tailgating.

stephan q
    BPL Member

@khumbukat

Got one for my cabin. Well made. Works great, runs for many hours on 1lb propane tank. Top burners are high output. No thermostat on oven, though. After a few uses, you get the hang of it. Veggie chili and cornbread, ect. We plan to take it car camping as well. My 2 cents.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

My backpack of choice is a GG Murmur but I will admit to owning the Camp Chef Outdoor Oven (complete with case, LP adapter, and 25 LB LP tank). It's obviously not for backpacking, but it works really well for car camping.

If you're using the oven to bake you just need to make sure that it's truly preheated for the temperature to stabilize.

It's a great deal, but it is quite bulky.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools