Topic

40% off Gander Mountain Power Dry base layers – Patagonia R1 analog for $36

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 40% off Gander Mountain Power Dry base layers – Patagonia R1 analog for $36

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I was at my local Gander Mountain store yesterday, and noticed that their house brand of base layers were on sale. From what I could tell, they have two lines of base layers- one modeled after UA with shiny compression polyester, and one made of Polartec Power Dry not unlike Capilene 4 and R1. I got a pair of heavyweight grid tights similar a pair of R1 bottoms for $20, and a 1/4 zip top for $35. Fit is similar to Patagonia R1, at least for my body and size XL.

They appear to be all sold out on line, where they'd been selling them for 50-60% off. My local store still had a lot left, plenty of sizes between S and XL in men's, some tall sizes too.

Glad I ran across it- I've been waiting for someone to sell some R1 in XL on the Gear Swap and coming close to buying a set of similar Power Dry base layers from LL Bean. Not as nice looking as Patagonia's or LL Beans, and only came in black but not a bad deal.

Just FYI…

Will Webster

@willweb

Thanks for the heads-up, Aaron. Just this morning my wife and I were discussing what changes we needed to make for our next winter overnight, and at the top of her list was heavier longjohns. Now that's taken care of, and we each picked up one of the 1/4-zip tops as well. Soon as my goosefeet get here we'll be pretty much set.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

I just wanted to add in the REI power dry base layers to this post. They have heavyweight crew, zips, and bottoms that are 7.1 oz power dry material which is comparable to the R1 at 6.8oz material. The crew and bottoms are 39.50 and the zip is 44.50. I bought one the other day and these seem to be very good quality. They also have lightweight and mid weight which correspond to the capilene 3 and 4s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools